H.R. 5252, also known as the COPE Act, is bad for public access television.
Read aboutÂ H.R. 5252Â on dot-gov sites
- Library of Congress’ Thomas info (includes text of the bill, congressional action, sponsors and more)
- The Congressional Budget Officeâ€™s (CBO) review of H.R. 5252
Groups opposed to H.R. 5252
- Alliance for Commuity Media
- Save Access
- National Conference of State Legislature has signed a letter opposing H.R. 5252, as have The National Governors Association, The Council of State Governments, National Association of Counties, The U.S. Conference of Mayors, National League of Cities, International City/County Management Association.
- National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
- Media Bridges and the associated blog Defend Your Voice